The benefits of green drinks: why should we include them in our diet?
Green drinks are juice or smoothies made with green vegetables, preferably dark and leafy, such as kale and spinach, and grasses such as wheat and barley. Their use has been extremely popular for the past couple of years as they promote a healthy digestion, high energy, and high content of soluble fibres and hydration; all due to their high content in vitamin, minerals, electrolytes, and enzymes. Contrary to other vegetable juices and smoothies, the green drinks are low in calories and sugar. Therefore they are ideal companions for weight loss purposes.
1) A great way to squeeze your 5 a day of greens easily in one single drink: it is not always easy to pile green vegetables into every single meal. Plus you have to remember that the nutritional content of vegetables and fruits is less than a fifty years ago due to the intensive farming methods used which have destroyed 75% of the nutrients in the soil. Therefore just your regular amount of vegetables and fruits won’t be enough to cover your recommended daily allowance (RDA). Introducing a green drink on a daily basis into your diet will help to cover most of your nutritional needs.
2) Detox effect: clearer skin, shinier hair and healthier nails. That’s right, green vegetables help in the cleansing process of the liver, the kidneys, and the blood.
Kale for instance contains silica, a mineral (quartz) that helps in the production of collagen an important protein that keeps your skin smooth and unlined.
3) Green drinks contain live enzymes that improve the digestion and therefore the assimilation of the nutrients. They also help in the elimination of toxins and scar tissues building up naturally as we age. Enzymes are totally destroyed when the food is cooked. It enhances then the importance of eating raw vegetables.
4) Alkalising effect: by lowering the pH of your body, you will optimize the overall bodily functions. The bloodstream is cleared of toxins, the organs are free of stress and therefore are working smoothly. A person with an acidic body will experience fatigue, digestive problems, stress, insomnia, and various other issues. Wheatgrass, kale, spinach, cucumber and broccoli are on the top of the list of the most alkaline vegetables.
5) Green Juice requires hardly any digestion, so all it’s nutritional goodness gets rapidly into your system while simultaneously giving your digestive system a rest
- Power packed with nutrition
- Produce chlorophyll, which oxygenates your body
- Helps you lose weight
- Improved focus and clarity
- Improved bone and joint function
- Develops and stronger immune system
- Healthier hair, skin and nails
- More energy and vitality